Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Life can be fleeting

"THUD!" Did somebody just banged on our window? That couldn't be possible as we were on the second floor. Unperturbed, I just continued with my work as my startled colleague went to check. "Oh, its a bird!" she exclaimed as she pointed to some feathers on the tinted window. Upon further inspection she discovered a bird lying motionless in the playground below and informed us. That aroused my curiosity, so I peeked out the window and saw what seems like a heap of black feathers. "Its a crow," someone stated but I knew it wasn't one as I can recognize an Asian Koel when I see it. Quickly I went to its aid but upon reaching I was saddened to find that it had succumbed to its injury, instant death from  the forceful impact I assumed. It laid there with a broken neck.
Gently I picked up the lifeless body and took it to my backyard to give this beautiful creature a proper burial.

This is the second bird I had buried this year. Earlier this year, it was a male Olive-backed Sunbird (Nectarina jugularis I think). It flew straight into the ceiling fan and.... 
Life can be really fleeting.


















Asian Koel (Eudynamys Scolopacea) 

No comments:

Post a Comment